I've finally gotten around to releasing v1.0 of the php-excel extension, the list of changes for this release is quite substantial:
* Fixed issue #63 writing for NULL values using writeRow()
* Added excel.skip_empty INI setting that allows null values to be skipped, if set to 2 the empty strings will be skipped as well
* Added Sheet::setRightToLeft() and Sheet::setRightToLeft() methods that specifies whether the sheet in is "right to left" display mode
* Added Book::isTemplate() and Book::setTemplate() methods for detecting xltx files and converting from xlsx to xltx and vice versa
* Fixed compilation with LibXL 3.5.4
* Added optional scope parameter to setNamedRange()/delNamedRange()/getNamedRange() methods
* Updated getNamedRange()/getIndexRange() methods to retrieve hidden state
* Added parameter to readRow/readCol/read methods that specifiy whether to parse formula or its value.
* Added ExcelBook::packDateValues() method for generating Excel date value
* Added ExcelBook::setPrintArea() method for setting print area
* Fixed parsing of non-numeric formulas inside read() method
* Fixed parameter processing inside ExcelSheet::getVerPageBreak()/getHorPageBreak() methods
* Fixed parameter order inside ExcelSheet::getNamedRange()/getIndexRange() methods
* Fixed return value processing inside ExcelBook::setActiveSheet() method
I have installed Php-excel and libxl on Centos6 64bit.
All goes well unless i used file with multibyte excel sheetName.
If i run php from shell i get proper results but if i run php from apache i am getting corrupt file with multibyte sheet names are not proper. Data is properly written in sheet. Have you ever been faced this problem before?
It would be very helpful if you are having any solution on this.
I think the problem you are facing is because of locale setting. Shell is working with OS locale, on the other hand, apache is working with C lang locale. Please try to use "setLocale" function or please try to set apache locale with /etc/sysconfig/httpd file.